See Clearly with Our World-renowned LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) surgery is used to fix many types of vision problems, including:
- Astigmatism — a condition that affects how light is focused on the retina
- Farsightedness — a condition that causes distant objects to be seen more clearly than nearby objects
- Nearsightedness — a condition that causes close-up objects to be seen clearly and distant objects to appear blurry
- Presbyopia — a natural age-related condition that affects the eye’s ability to focus on nearby objects
What Is LASIK Eye Surgery?
Our surgeons use special lasers to reshape your cornea, the primary lens of the eye and change its focusing power. This eye treatment corrects your vision, so you can reduce or eliminate your dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
Our ophthalmologists perform a complete eye exam to make sure you’re a good candidate for LASIK. We explain your options thoroughly and answer all your questions.
Who Can Get LASIK?
LASIK eye surgery has been proven to be safe and effective, but not everyone is a candidate. If you are healthy, have stable vision and healthy eyes — free from infections or conditions like glaucoma or cataracts — and if you are diagnosed with nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism, you may be a candidate.
Benefits of LASIK
The surgery is painless and requires no bandages or stitches, making recovery easy. Most people who have had LASIK find they no longer need to rely on glasses or contacts. The surgery can benefit you, if you’ve been diagnosed with nearsightedness (myopia), astigmatism or farsightedness (hyperopia). There are many benefits to LASIK eye surgery, including:
- Improved vision, with many achieving 20/20 vision or better
- Quick and minimally invasive procedure, usually taking only 10 minutes per eye
- Easy recovery with improvements in vision starting as soon as hours to a few days following the procedure
- Minimal discomfort with only a slight pressure on the eyes
- Long-lasting results
- Reduced allergy and infection risk, since there’s no need for contact lenses after LASIK
We Help You Achieve Your Best Possible Vision
Our vision center was one of the first in the nation to offer laser vision correction.
We’re dedicated to preserving, restoring and enhancing your vision.
We use one of the world’s most advanced excimer lasers, and we’ve conducted clinical trials to check its safety and effectiveness.
We use one of the most sophisticated femtosecond lasers in the world for performing all-laser LASIK.
If you are not a good candidate for laser eye surgery, we offer many alternative procedures to help you achieve your personal best vision.